- 1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- Welcome to WWW.BLOCKISLANDGUIDE, a website containing directories and other information relating to Block Island, RI, activities and events. Block Island Guide provides a particular alert system (hereafter known as “Service”) to you subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which we may update from time to time without notice to you. In addition, when subscribing to and using the Service from Block Island Guide, you shall be subject to any guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
- 2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
- Block Island Guide currently provides users with the ability to receive e-mail, mobile device text messages and/or desktop notifications generated by Block Island Guided officials. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that Block Island Guide assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
In order to use the Service, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web or your organization’s Intranet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any required service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. You must also have a useable e-mail address or own a mobile device and have invoked its ability to receive text messaging.
- 3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
- In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”). If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Block Island Guide has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Block Island Guide has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of Block Island Guide or the Service (or any portion thereof). Block Island Guide is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users. Moreover, we support safe driving policies and request that you only use the Service when you are not driving a vehicle.
- 5. MEMBER CONDUCT
- You agree to not use the Service to:
- register any user that does not have your express permission;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Block Island Guide official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law and any regulations having the force of law; or
stalk or otherwise harass another. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- 6. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
- Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
- 7. INDEMNITY
- You agree to indemnify and hold Block Island Guide and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
- 8. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of Block Island Guide, the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
- 9. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
- You agree that Block Island Guide has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that the Service reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You acknowledge that you may only rebroadcast a message sent through the Service in its exact, unmodified form and in its entirety. Block Island Guidereserves the right to prohibit the rebroadcast of any message. If Block Island Guideexercises this right, you may not rebroadcast any portion of such message. You further acknowledge that Block Island Guidereserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- 10. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
- Block Island Guide reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Block Island Guide shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- 11. TERMINATION
- You agree that Block Island Guide, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Block Island Guide believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Block Island Guide may also in its sole discretion, and at any time, discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Block Island Guide may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that Block Island Guide shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
- 12. DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS
- Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of advertisers found on or through the Service or Block Island Guide, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Block Island Guide shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
- 13. LINKS
- The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Block Island Guide has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Block Island Guide is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that that Block Island Guide in not liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- 14. Block Island Guide PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Block Island Guide or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
- 15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Block Island Guide EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMs ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Block Island Guide makes NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM
LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM Block Island Guide OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
- 16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Block Island Guide SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH
FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- 17. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 15 AND 16 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 18. NOTICE
- Notices to you may be made via email. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service.
- 19. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
- Block Island Guide and its respective logos, trademarks and service marks, are trademarks of Block Island Guide. You agree not to display or use these marks in any manner without permission.
- 20. GENERAL INFORMATION
- The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you, Block Island Guide, and governs your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Block Island Guide. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The TOS and the relationship between you and the Block Island Guide shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Block Island Guide agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The failure of Block Island Guide to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- 21. VIOLATIONS
- Please report any violations of the TOS to Block Island Guide.